Community groups and charities
Containers for Change provides an exciting opportunity for community groups* and charities; helping to raise much needed funds. Options include:
- Sign-up for a scheme account**; anyone can choose to donate to you via your scheme ID when they return their containers to a refund point
- Collecting eligible containers as a group and returning them at a container refund point, receiving 10 cents per container
- Becoming a donation point and encouraging community members to donate their containers to your organisation
- Partnering or registering with your local container refund point to access container collection infrastructure (such as cages, bins or trailers) for your events or activities***
- Becoming a container refund point in your own right****
Need help with marketing?
To assist with the overall awareness and understanding of the scheme, a marketing toolkit is available by emailing: email@example.com
*Includes sporting and services clubs, schools, local catchment groups and registered charities.
**Additional checks are required before accounts are activated – please allow 3 business days before using your scheme ID.
***Operators who collect more than five million containers per year are required to make container collection infrastructure available free of charge for use by community organisations.
****You will be required to collect all eligible containers and pay the 10 cent refund to people returning containers. In return you will receive a handling fee. Refund points are required to meet additional requirements, including safety, opening times and accessibility for refund scheme customers. Each region has a maximum number of refund points in the first 12 months of scheme.
Soccer image: www.brionywalker.com.au