Most aluminium, glass, plastic, steel and liquid paperboard beverage containers between 150ml and 3L are eligible for a 10-cent refund.
Eligible containers must:
- Be included on the scheme’s list of products. Use our eligibility checker below to ensure your containers are eligible.
- Display the refund mark (e.g. “10c refund at collection depots/points in participating State/Territory of purchase”). Please note that glass wine and pure spirit bottles are exempt from displaying the 10c mark until January 2027.
There are some beverage containers that are not eligible for a refund. Generally excluded containers are those that are less than 150ml and greater than 3L.
Excluded containers include:
- Plain milk containers of all sizes including plant-based milk substitutes
- Cask wine
- Containers 1L or more that contained flavoured milk, pure fruit or vegetable juice, cask wine or cask water
- Concentrated/undiluted cordial or syrup containers
- Sachets above 250ml that have contained wine
- Registered health tonics
For more details please see our Help page.
CHECK CONTAINER ELIGIBILITY