Most aluminium, glass, plastic, steel and liquid paperboard beverage containers between 150ml and 3L are eligible for a 10 cent refund.
Eligible containers must:
- Be included on the scheme’s list of products. Use our eligibility checker below to ensure your containers are eligible.
- Display the refund mark (e.g. “10c refund at collection depots/points in participating State/Territory of purchase”)
There are some beverage containers that are not eligible for a refund. Generally excluded containers are those that are less than 150ml and greater than 3L.
Excluded containers include:
- Plain milk containers of all sizes including plant-based milk substitutes
- Glass containers that contained wine or pure spirits
- Containers 1L or more that contained flavoured milk, pure fruit or vegetable juice, cask wine or cask water
- Concentrated/undiluted cordial or syrup containers
- Sachets above 250ml that have contained wine
- Registered health tonics
For more details please see our how to help section.
CHECK CONTAINER ELIGIBILITY